The CryoHeat Micropolishing consists of rotating a part at relatively slow speeds. As the part rotates through the machine, our proprietary non-abrasive media makes contact on all surfaces of the part. At CryoHeat, our Micropolishing has two processes. The first process introduces our proprietary cutting solution into the media. The cutting solution very slowly removes material off the part from the gentle wiping of our non-abrasive media. Different mixtures of solution and/or varying the length of the cutting process, greatly determines how much material is removed with an accuracy of 0.00001 of an inch. The second process is the polishing itself that utilizes a different type of proprietary solution. This solution acts as a varnish that makes the metal part look like it has a chrome finish. Most importantly, the finish has a Roughness Average (RA) of 2 or less, this allows for almost zero friction and resistance. The CryoHeat Micropolishing adds horsepower gains, achieving higher RPMs while simultaneously lowering operating temperatures and adding longer service life.
The CryoHeat Micropolishing Process produces a surface that has several key advantages over other “superfinishing” techniques or un-finished surfaces.
• Capable of achieving a 1.75 RA
• Freeing up lost Horsepower due to less friction and drag
• Significantly decreasing windage
• Longer Service Life
• Smoother Metal Movement
• Quieter Operation with metal on metal contact
• Removes directional cut lines from machining or standard methods of polishing
• The surface has an increased bearing ratio, and enhancing the lubricant retention properties of the mating surface.
• The parts will have considerably less friction, promoting less heat, and wear.
The micropolishing process will pay for itself, due to longer service life, and less part replacement.
CryoHeat is working with Manufacturers in Government influenced projects, Motorsports and Manufacturing.
For more information on working with CryoHeat, contact us at email@example.com.
Greater strength, huge performance gains.